Monday, July 4, 2011

If I were Queen

As we all relax on this national holiday, and enjoy picnics, barbecues, fireworks, and patriotic parades and concerts, let's stop and consider what a great nation we live in, inspite of the current crappiness that is our congress, and economy. Let's all join together, and instead of bitching and whining, let's make a concerted effort to correct the issues plaguing us today. I'm sure you all have specific ideas, and thoughts about what our government leaders should be doing, and since we are headed into an election year, I figured I might as well throw my own opinions and ideas into the ring. I can do that.... it's MY blog.

First and foremost I would do some major house cleaning in the House and Senate, and instead of Democrats and Republicans, I would make them Real Americans who work and pay taxes, and The Dumbasses. Considering one side would heavily outweigh the other, I'd run them all off and start from scratch from the state level up.

Once new representatives of the American people were installed at both state and national levels, we'd get down to business. The first thing I'd do is federalize the oil companies, and create an agency that inspected and policed their drilling practices based on rules written by offshore oilworkers who know how things should be done. Then, I'd tax the oil companies a certain percentage based on their revenue. The more money they make, the more taxes they pay, and I'd make companies that go overseas pay an annual fee, and import tax to continue doing business as an "American" company. Elected officials would have salary and benefit caps, and our military personnell would make as much money as a Fortune 500 CEO because I would make sure those companies contributed to a General Defense fund, based on a sliding scale of yearly profits. Their books would be audited by Government agencies annually. I'd also abolish worker's unions, and make right to work national policy. Companies and corporations would have to provide annual reports of workers compensation maintaining a national average for salaries and benefits, and implement job creation programs employing so many new workers annually.

Military families would not have to pay for food, or housing while a spouse is on actice combat duty. In the event that spouse is killed in the line of duty, their children will receive free college tuition, a stipend while in school, and their surviving spouses would get a lump sum benefit depending on the amount required to payoff any outstanding debt such as mortgages, or loans. Anyone who dies while in service to this great nation deserves to be respected, and honored, and while I find imposing on religious freedom unconstitutional, I would inact laws preventing any disruption, or protesting at military funerals. Anyone doing so will be tried for treason, and exiled.

Now, talking about exile. I'd work out a deal with Haiti, and instead of funding countries like Pakistan to fight against the terrorists they are using our money to train, I'd give that money to Haiti to help them recover and rebild a democratic government in exchange for allowing the US to use their country as a training grounds.
Each American male and female would spend a year in Haiti upon turing 18, so they can experience what it's like to live in a country without all the freedoms, rights, and modern conveniences we enjoy in this country. You got to admit, it's better to be homeless in America, than Haiti, or alot of other countries around the globe. The assholes that are exiled would go there too, and have to work to rebuild. I'd make deals with other coutries in need too, that have suffered natural disasters like Japan, and even here at home. Those exiles would have to work to help restore things to normal, and be subject to the same conditions as the citizens affected.

 As far as illegal immigration goes, I'd limit the number of people coming in from Mexico, by implementing a lottery program, and the drug cartels that are causing mayhem along the border, well I'd send troops to patrol it, and anyone who dares dip a toe over that line had better either have their winning lottery ticket in their hand, or be ready to meet their maker. I hate to be such a hardass, but you have to stand your ground, and get the point across.  Once they are in our country legally, they have to find employment, pay taxes, and learn English, read and write, and basically assimilate. I'm a firm believer of when in Rome do as the Romans do. If you want to maintain your native nationality stay home.

There are many thigns wrong with America right now, and I've only touched on a few that I feel take priority, but despite all the negaticve, I still believe with all my red white and blue heart that there is no greater nation on God's green earth than the United States of America. No matter how tough things might seem, or how yellow and pathetic we might seem to the rest of the world, I'm proud to be an American. Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment